Monday, August 25, 2008

Sick Day

After vacationing with our family on and off for the past three weeks, the same virus with fever, aches and headaches has gotten all of the children and is starting to make it's way through the adult population. I started feeling yucky yesterday but blamed it on lack of sleep. When I heard that my father-in-law had a fever, I took my temperature and realized that I wasn't just tired but sick too.

The girls and I were scheduled to leave for my mom's this morning. I knew if I could take lots of Motrin and manage to make the three hour drive that I would be better off. Both my mom and my mother in law asked me if I was still coming/going. While a three hour drive with a fever and two small children wouldn't be fun, neither would hours home alone with the same fever and the same two small children.

The drive was not fun but we made it and I have had the closest thing to a sick day that I've had in five years. As all mothers know, there is no such thing as a sick day when you are the mom in charge. Today though, while my mom played with the girls, I slept, read Maria Shriver's new book- it was short but I dont' care- I haven't finished a book in one sitting in a long... time- and slept some more. I actually rested enough to feel better.

It appears that for a mom to have a sick day, she needs to have her mom!

4 Comments:

At August 25, 2008 at 9:44 PM , Blogger Duncan Vinson said...

How true! Joanne and I have both come down with one of Bogotá's native infections, and we sure wish there were a mom to take over for awhile.

 
At August 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM , Blogger justme said...

hubby had a fever last night /?? waht is this going around - i don't want it !!!

 
At August 25, 2008 at 11:03 PM , Blogger sara mann said...

first of all, i'm so sorry you're sick. NOT fun. but kudos to you for making the trip -- and it sounds like it was a smart move!

and second of all, that maria shriver book has got to be the dumbest thing ever published. i bet it would take up all of two pages single-spaced on regular-sized paper. the fact that she's making millions on such a cheesy high school graduation speech irks me! i think liam could write something better, and he's four.

 
At August 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Ginny Gill said...

love the new look.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home