Friday, August 29, 2008

The Moment

So... I have wasted nearly an entire 23 minutes of quiet time. This is how the long the actual story seems to be on Playhouse Disney shows and Caroline, of course, doesn't seem to like to watch the fluff- once the story is over she's done. I have wasted this time deciding whether of not to talk about last night's historic speech.

I have made a decision and will try to stick to it, to not discuss politics on this blog. If, though, I look at this blog as a journal, as a record of our life as we are living it now, I can't not mention last night's speech. You can agree or disagree with the politics and policies. You can love or hate the man. But Barack Obama will change history.

Much will stay with me of the speech itself but Barack's exit taught me something too.

I am constantly trying to live in the moment. I try and I try and I try. I can't seem to do it. I always use the excuse of being too busy to slow down. Last night as Barack left the stage, he paused and looked over his shoulder. It was brief but noticeable. Perhaps he was not stopping to live in the moment but it sure looked like he was. It looked like he was taking a moment to breath, to look, to listen and to appreciate his moment in history.

I will try to learn from this. I will try and try and try.

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2008 at 12:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carpe Diem! Come on over to the Writer Mama Back-to-School Giveaway and I promise to help you live in the moment by asking you to answer a short question.

I think you'll enjoy it. Hope you can make it, Stacey.

:) C

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home