Friday, August 27, 2010

Stand Up

Mockingjay was released this week.



For those of you not in the children's lit world, Mockingjay is the third book in the ever popular although slightly disturbing Hunger Games trilogy. I was able to meet the author, Suzanne Collins, at my favorite children's bookstore, Books, Bytes and Beyond on Wednesday night and have been trying desperately to sneak in reading moments since then.

Yesterday the sun was shining, the humidity was gone and the girls were drawing with sidewalk chalk in the driveway. I ran to get a beach chair and Mockingjay and opened up to my dog eared page.

I had read one sentence when I heard "Mommy!". I looked up to Katherine who then said, "Can you stand up and have fun with me?"

I guess she's caught on that I have a hard time reading and standing up at the same time. I went on spend the afternoon learning how to perfect my faulty hula hoop performance instead of diving into the world of Katniss Everdeen.

Maybe this afternoon I'll be able to sit down and have some fun...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home