Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Boss

In my mind, I make the dreaded comparisons between Caroline and Katherine every day. Their personalities are just so different it really is impossible not to do it. When I am out with Katherine alone, people will often comment on how active, social and busy she is. "You must be exhausted!" they say. I truly look over my shoulder to see who they are talking to because I am out with my "easy" one. Exhausted? Because of Katherine? No way! Whenever I hear this, I always am amazed by relativity. I suppose, if I were to look at Katherine, she is pretty active. She doesn't always take no for an answer. She can be pretty loud. But in comparison...

Slowly but surely, though, Katherine is exerting her personality, even here at home. Yesterday, I had a tough day with both girls. We have a had good summer but a long one. We don't get back to our regular routine fully until September 15th. We start a slow phase in to school next week. The girls and I are ready for our schedules and yesterday everyone was a bit grumpy. I had complained to Rob about that feeling of being ignored all day- no one was listening, no one was doing things when I first asked them to... On his way out the door, Rob said, "Remember to listen to Mommy today. She's the boss!"

Katherine looked up at him and said, "No! I boss!"

Perhaps, I will just go back to bed...

2 Comments:

At September 3, 2008 at 9:03 PM , Blogger sara mann said...

we just have to get susanna and katherine together and let them duke it out. they sound like they're two peas in a pod!

 
At September 5, 2008 at 7:58 PM , Blogger Sweet 'n Simple Blog Design said...

LOL Stacey that's so the truth! I can't tell you how many days I feel like I should just go back to bed before really begins ... I don't, but I kinda want to :)

Shera
PS, you don't want to use the link in my name at the beginning! Visit me at A Frog In My Soup instead :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home