Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Do it myself!

Katherine turned two in April. She has shown signs of it on and off but nothing too serious. Recently though, three words have dominated our lives. "Do it myself!!" She is showing rage never seen before. Our happy little girl can get thrown into a flurry of screams and flailing limbs if a grown up or big sister is to do something that Katherine would prefer to "do herself."

This morning's antic were my favorite so far. I was quietly changing her diaper after she awoke for the day. She is often pretty mellow at this point. She does not go from 0 to 60 in the morning like her sister does. She will often lie on her changing table with her eyes closed, waiting to wake up. Suddenly, I hear the high pitch scream of "Do it myself!" It took me a minute to realize what she could possibly be refering to... It seems I had lifted up her bottom to slip a dry diaper underneath. Silly me not to realize she wanted to put her own bottom in the air.

Perhaps I can use this to my advantage and Katherine can do the laundry, empty the dishwasher and make dinner "by herself" today!

1 Comments:

At September 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM , Blogger justme said...

first off, i love the new look of the blog.

my frass turns 2 end of sept. EVERYTHING is NO NO NO let me do. she thinks she can do everything. it cracks me up. same stuff with the diaper changing. she will lay down and if i pull her closer to me to change her she screams and pushes herself up to a differenet area where i have to change her.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home