Friday, October 31, 2008

Mischief Night

Last year was our first Halloween in New Jersey and our first Mischief Night. Apparentely, the night before Halloween gives teenages in our area free reign to roam the neighborhood reaking havok. Last year, these kids took advantage of our naivite and destroyed our pumpkins. We were prepared last night, moving our pumkin into the garage right after dinner.

Caroline watched Rob as he moved the pumpkin and of course asked why. After a brief description of the bad choices that some big kids make on Mischief Night, Caroline got quiet. I always know that her wheels are turning when this happens. A few minutes later she said, "The big kids must wait until their parents go to sleep. Then at midnight they get up and go out for Mischief Night. They must be so quiet that their parents think they are only hearing birds."

I am not kidding. I did not make this up. In fact, I wrote everything down before I said anything because I knew I couldn't forget this one.

Caroline is five. We are in trouble...

1 Comments:

At November 1, 2008 at 10:14 AM , Blogger ChefDruck said...

She has wonderful imagery. Maybe she will be a writer too! Mischief night in our neighborhood is only to the homes with big kids - Jack and Bella were so disappointed that we did not get toilet papered!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home