Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Brady Bunch

After allowing the girls to watch the likes of Hannah Montana and The Wizards of Waverly Place for a few months, I finally turned in to 'Mean Mommy' over the summer and said that enough was enough. The story lines were silly and the girl's attitudes were beyond ridiculous. I wanted Caroline to be able to fit in with her friends but I just couldn't stand it anymore. The attitude was contagious and my sweet little girl was being transformed into an obnoxious teen before my very eyes.

A wise friend told me that her family enjoyed watching Full House. We dove head first into the 80s and spent the summer enjoying big hair and patterned sweaters. Then the channel that was covering Full House changed their lineup and I was forced to put my thinking cap on yet again. And 'that was how we became the Brady Bunch'. The girls are now totally engrossed with the same family tha Rob and I grew up loving.

As we snuggled on the couch this morning watching an episode in which Mike and Carol debated the pros and cons of doing a commercial for a product they didn't really like (ethics on tv- imagine!), Caroline said, "I wish the Brady Bunch was a book too." I beamed a big literacy consultant smile. And then it got better... Caroline's next comment was, "I think I'll write it." So watch out children's literature lovers- there's a new book on the horizon...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home