Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cliche



I once had a writing teacher who spent a lot time telling me to avoid the use of cliches. I hope she does not read this post because it will revolve around a classic cliche. I just can't help it...


Sometimes I curse all the time that I spend on-line. I wonder what else I might accomplish during that time. The other day, I was reminded that everything happens for a reason as cliche as it is. I had checked a certain blog off and on for the past couple of months. I had found A Design So Vast after learning about Katrina Kenison and her book, The Gift of an Ordinary Day. Katrina's writing is so beautiful that I decided the blogs she recommended would be worth exploring. The writer of A Design So Vast looked strangely familiar to me. I decided though that it was simply the idea of this woman that was familiar. The writer is my age with children the same ages as my girls. We shared many of the same life moments and beliefs. The other day though, as I scrolled through another group of pictures, the writer began to look more like a person I knew than an idea I liked. When I checked the writer's contact information, my suspicions were confirmed. This writer, whose work I had so admired, was my great camp friend Lindsey. She and I shared many summers together at Cape Cod Sea Camps and letters throughout the winter. She is one of the many people I had lost touch with and wondered about over the years. We are now talking about the fun possibility of our girls going to camp together as we once did.

This week, I made a new friend out of an old one. What a hopeful way to enter the new year...


1 Comments:

At December 31, 2010 at 9:15 AM , Blogger Lindsey said...

Yay!! I feel the same way. So glad to have found you. xox

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home