Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time...

Another week with a promise to blog everyday- another week with no post until Wednesday...

Recently at my book club, I acquired a napkin that I placed directly on my fridge where I would see it often. The napkin shows a woman saying, "Stop me before I volunteer again!" This has become my mantra. It must become my mantra. Because I have said yes too many times. I have joined too many boards, volunteered for too many committees... I have lost time to do the things I love. I can't find time to read or write. I can't find time to breathe. I worry that the girls are being ignored...

I have always been great at keeping a schedule. I never miss meetings. I never double book. Until this week... I have a babysitter tomorrow and I realized this morning that I had plans to be at two places at 9:30am tomorrow morning. I confessed my error to both of the parties involved and all has worked out... Here's the funny part- one of the women that was part of the double booking just asked me to take on a great responsibility for our organization... I guess she wasn't offended by my mistake.

And guess what... I said no, no, no. Perhaps this is the beginning of something... Let's hope so!

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2008 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Shannon said...

So, I guess I won't ask you to take on any more roles for Newcomers? I was doing some Newcomers' research and up popped a link to your blog! Looks like we have 2 things in common: blogging and over-committing ourselves!

 
At May 30, 2008 at 2:42 PM , Blogger ChefDruck said...

Practice makes perfect. Maybe you should set some sort of goal for yourself of saying no once a day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home