Thursday, May 22, 2008

Eat Your Vegetables!

Yesterday I began a nurtional program. Recently, I have been paying attention and I'm just not eating the way I know I should. I think I always knew on some level that what I was putting in my mouth could effect my fatigue level and mood. A few weeks ago though I heard a women speak more in detail about this fact and it really hit home. I decided it was time to do something.

Rob and I went to college with a women who left a corporate job a few years ago to follow her passion- she is now a certified personal trainer and health counselor. Rob had reconnected with Jennifer in the fall and I had been thinking about calling her since then. I had an initial consultation with her on Monday and decided to complete her training.

In Jen's own words: "The goal is to help clients eat less of, not eliminate, their consumption of chemicalized, processed foods, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, dairy, and meat and replace with whole foods: grains, greens, beans, veggies, fruits, nuts and high quality meats, animal protein, and organic dairy. In addition, I try and teach clients the connection with their food choices and what is going on in other aspects of their life. One of my favorite sayings, “Your relationship with food is similar to your relationship with life.”

I am both excited and overwhelmed by the prospect of beginning this adventure. I became even more overwhelmed tonight at dinner...

Katherine has never been a lover of veggies, but in the spirit of embracing greens, I put green beans on her plate tonight. I wish I had taken a picture because no words can paint the terror on her face. Rob said she looked like a gigantic monster had jumped off of her plate. She kept pointing at the green beans as real tears spilled from her eyes.

Wish us luck- I think we are going to need it!

1 Comments:

At May 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM , Blogger ChefDruck said...

I can't wait to hear more of how this is going!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home