Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Chicken

I knew we would enter this phase soon and we are there.

Tonight at dinner...

Caroline: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Me: I don't know. Why?
Caroline: Because his leg fell off.

At this point, I asked her if she knew the original chicken crossing the road joke. She didn't so I told her. This was followed by...

Caroline: Why did the cow cross the road?
Me: I don't know. Why?
Caroline: Because there was a water fountain on the other side and cows drink out of water fountains.

Followed by...

Caroline: Mom, what's the orginal cow crossing the road joke?

I decided I really couldn't top the new and improved cow and the water fountain joke so I remained silent...

2 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger justme said...

Sass is at the joke stage - due to all the ice pops they consume and have the joke on the stick. the best is she will just keep saying any type of animal crossing the road and Frass laughs every time, it is great.

 
At July 31, 2008 at 11:36 PM , Blogger ChefDruck said...

I entered the joke phase too when this was hot in our house. I figured if you can't beat them, join them. My favorite:

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Centipede?
Centipede Who?
Santa Peed on the Christmas Tree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home