Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You blog?

My friend in the blogosphere and in real life, Vanessa, wrote a post yesterday that got me thinking. She wrote about that little bit of shyness that often comes with writing a blog. I find my voice getting quiet when I tell people about my blog. I have overheard people wondering why in the world bloggers would want to air all their dirty laundry in public. And then I start to wonder too. I have added my blog to my e-mail signature but have deleted it when sending certain e-mails.

Why?

Do people who write books become shy about their writing? Perhaps... but I think in a very different way. This whole blogging thing is so new and so foreign to some people that many just don't understand it. I think I often read people's confusion as lack of support. I think they really understand what blogging is and that they think it is weird. In reality, I think many people just don't know. They don't know that bloggers are writers who have formed a community around their writing. Today I will promise to tell at least two people about my blog. I will tell them with my head held high and I will gain two faithful readers by doing so...

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Ginny Gill said...

Did you do it????

 
At July 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM , Blogger sara mann said...

i don't know if you've ever considered doing this, but i'm planning to print out all my posts once a year, binding them, and keeping them as a book on my bookshelf. years from now when my kids want to know what life was like when they were young, i'll pull my "blog books" down and show them. in them will be all the day-to-day moments that really make up our lives -- not the glossy, scrapbook-y events, but the "real" stuff. that's reason enough for me to keep blogging!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home