Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sleep

So I haven't written a sleep (or lack there of) post in awhile but I just can't resist this one... We are back in an ugly place. Katherine is getting her 2 year molars and Caroline is in an anxious sleep pattern. This means I am up a ton.

Last night, Rob asked if there was any way I could get Katherine's motrin (which she has been needing in the middle of the night recently) without turning on the light. I had been going into the bathroom to measure the motrin, assuming that it was better to brighten our room than Katherine's. As the words came out of his mouth, you could tell that he was picturing the blog post to come. I promised him that I would link to this post but that I just couldn't not write it. As if I was so thrilled to be up myself- I just wanted to share the experience with as many people as I could...

Thirty minutes later, I was talking to Caroline before she fell asleep. I was demonstrating how she could actually pick up her own blanket if it fell to the ground at 3am. That I really didn't need to come into her room to help her with that. Nightmares yes- fallen blankets no. She looked right at me and said, "But I don't want to get up."

So now we know that my husband and my daughter do not want to be bothered in the middle of night. I'll keep all of that in mind...

1 Comments:

At July 29, 2008 at 1:59 PM , Blogger sara mann said...

i really needed a sip of water last night at 3 a.m. too bad we're like 8 states apart -- i could have used your assistance so i didn't have to fully wake up to go get it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home