Friday, February 27, 2009

Could she be more two...

So I have obviously been rather overwhelmed by the tasks of my every day. Getting to this blog has been much harder than it should be... I am currently in the process of removing myself from so many of the comittments that have been crowding my day. When we first moved to NJ, I said yes to everything in an attempt to meet people. I am now purging so that I have time to breath.

One of the committments that is taking an awful lot of my time (and one that I suppose I will keep on my plate) is raising our two year old. Katherine entered the world as such a happy and placid baby. Thank goodness I remember this because it gives me hope that we are truly in a phase- that my happy, laid back girl will return. Right now, however, my terrible two, is living up to the stereotype. And as if development were not enough of a challenge, Katherine is also in the process of dropping her nap. So we have a tired, terrible two. You can imagine and if you can't read below...

A few days ago, Katherine wanted to bring a snack cup with us in the car when we left to pick up Caroline. I, like the silly mother I seem to be, put the snack cup into my purse. Katherine had an absoulte meltdown. "Me, me, me!" We've been down this road enough for me to realize quickly that she wanted to put the cup into my purse herself. I, like the silly mother I still am, put the purse and the snack cup on the floor so that she could accomplish this task easily.

After a ten minute meltdown, Katherine finally did what she had, apparently, hoped to do all along. She convinced me to put my purse back up on the hook where I keep it (so as not to loose it.) She took the stool from the kitchen. She reached up to place the cup in the purse herself. And upon realizing that she still couldn't reach, she asked me to put the cup in my purse. I did not point out to her that this was exactly what I had done ten minutes earlier and all was well.

Could she be more two?

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM , Blogger justme said...

oh yes, got the same thing with frass, she has all sorts of fits if unless i LET HER DO.

 
At February 27, 2009 at 4:41 PM , Blogger sara mann said...

susanna just had a minute-long MELTDOWN because i was the one who turned off her bedroom light instead of her. i feel your pain. i'm constantly amazed at how much DRAMA already exists in a little girl. boys don't do this!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home