Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sisters

Having grown up as an only child, I am often amazed by the friendship and love that has grown between the girls. They play, laugh, share and learn together. Of course, they also hit, scream and pull hair but that is a post for another day.

Tonight, I sit in awe of sisterhood.

Caroline was so tired tonight that she asked to go to bed long before her usual bed time. I brought her up, finished our chapter of our latest Ramona book and turned out the light. A while later, I brought Katherine into their room and the battle began. She did not want to go sleep, continually begging for a drink, a back rub and often, to sleep with Caroline. They each have a small twin bed and have only shared beds on vacation so I was confused by the request and denied her again and again. Finally, at my wits end, I left, closing the door behind me, vowing to not return no matter how loud the protests. I heard lots of noises but no crying so I stayed out until I had heard silence for close to half an hour.

When I went into their room, I found Katherine, crammed beside Caroline with one arm wrapped tightly around her big sister's waist. While we did not take a picture for fear of waking them, I am sure the picture of the sisters will stay in my mind for a long, long time.

1 Comments:

At September 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Ginny Gill said...

my girls often share a single twin bed, it is very sweet to see

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home