Sunday, February 7, 2010

Capris



There are lots of things that have surprised me about becoming a mom. The fact that the sleep deprivation doesn't stop after 3 months, that children really don't eat whatever is put in front of them, that a hug from a child can erase a bad day... Needless to say, the list could go on and on. But one of the things that has surprised me the most about becoming a mom is the fact that I am ok when my daughter wears a bad outfit in public. I'm often not ok when strangers wear bad outfits in public so you might think this would bother me more. Maybe it's because the outfits are often so bad that people couldn't possible think I put them together. Or maybe it is because I love watching Caroline's independent spirit continue to grow.

The other day, Caroline showed up in my room in the outfit above. She stated that she hated not being wear capris more often so she figured if she covered her legs with socks that it would be ok. After taking a deep breath, I said, "You go girl!" and hoped that the trend wouldn't catch on- I'm not sure how I would look in the capri/sock combo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home