Monday, November 17, 2008

New Jersey Moms Blog Launch Party

Why is it that blogging is so much like exercising or eating well? If I let it go for a few days then what's a few days more and what's a week and so on and so on...

This weekend, I drove to Princeton for the New Jersey Moms Blog launch party. It was funny timing in that I had been so quite in the blogging world last week. It reminded me though of why I do it. Yes, I blog to track my memories of our family. This is so important as I'll often go back and read a post and have no recollection of the event happening! But I also blog because of the wonderful community of women out there. I met great women who had inspiring, interesting and uplifting stories to tell. Some I had met in the real world, others on line and many were new to me entirely. I will look forward to following their lives now- in the virtual way!

It was also an interesting night because of our venue. Our party was held at Gold Medal Impressions, a sports photography studio. If you have a sports lover in your life, this is your one stop shopping spot. More though than bringing to me great sports photos, this venue showed me what a person can do if they truly follow their passion. The owner of Gold Medal Impressions loves sports and loves photography. He has blended these loves into an exciting career. He attends fabulous sporting events while photography all the memorable moments. As I listened, while he toured woman after woman around his gallery, I was inspired by his enthusiasm. His voice showed me the happiness that can come from doing what you love.

Hopefully I will remain inspired to keep writing, reading, doing...

2 Comments:

At November 20, 2008 at 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to get the chance to meet you and the rest of my New Jersey Moms Blog sistahs, crazy enough to go out in such wretched weather!

 
At November 21, 2008 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Goodies for Mom said...

Great meeting a fellow spider at the party. Hope to see you again at other events.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home