Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Both girls are reciting the words to Rain, Rain Go Away and The Old Man is Snoring multiple times a day. I suppose more frequent exposure to poetry could be the silver lining in our ridiculous weather.... In the meantime however we all desperately need the sunshine. We need to be outside, breathing in fresh air, feeling the warmth of the sun and running, swinging and sliding. This has been our first week of summer vacation and while the girls are doing remarkably well given the weather, it sure would be nice to be outside.

Last night, Katherine was watching baseball with Rob while I read bed time stories to Caroline. Often, Katherine will sit as I read chapter books with Caroline, which I always find amazing, but last night was not one of those nights. As she climbed up on Rob's lap she said, "I love balls. I want to play baseball now." Rob convinced her that perhaps she could wait to play ball until the morning.

As she looked outside a few minutes ago at the rain pouring from the sky, she said thoughtfully, "Well, maybe I'll play baseball tonight."

Or maybe next month at the rate things are going...

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2009 at 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,
I'm convinced we've all been moved moved to the left coast and no one told us yet.
My sympathies on the many, many consecutive rainy days.I know that yesterday when the sun WAS shining even this grown-up could not bear to go inside. Instead I took a three-mile walk and then spent the rest of the morning pulling weeds just to be out in the sun.
Have you been to Un-believe-a-Bills? Liberty Science Center? Boots and raincoats and a walk in the rain? (It is kind of a deluge today though!) Where's the nearest Mac Donald's with an indoor playground?
be well

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home