Monday, September 13, 2010

Surprises


I am not someone who loves surprises. In fact, I rather dislike them but over the past week, I've had three pleasant surprises...

Surprise #1: Caroline cried on the last day of school because she had gotten the hardest second grade teacher. So far, a week in, she is still admitting that all the rumors were wrong. She actually likes her teacher despite a rather huge amount of work.

Surprise #2: Last year, Caroline really did not like soccer. She liked it so little in fact, that there were three times that Rob, who was coaching, went to soccer alone. We decided that we'd have her try it one more time as the teams were now smaller and all girls. Turns out this was a good call. Caroline spent an hour on Saturday running around a field smiling and laughing and has been kicking the ball around the house and yard since then.

Surprise #3: Last year, Katherine had rather luke warm feelings about pre-school. She didn't seem to hate it but she certainly didn't love it. Today she told me that she had the best day at school ever.

As I write this post, I am knocking on any and all types of wood available to me. It sure would be lovely if these surprises would continue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home