Friday, January 7, 2011

Limited Air Time


Talk about a family member that gets limited air time here at Love Bug and Rolley Polley. Sure Jenny drives me crazy but so can my kids yet I write about them all the time. This morning, I looked at our dog and realized that in only a few short months, she will have been with us for nine years. That feels like a really long time. As I was petting her, her tail wagged like crazy. Just a simple pet brought on unbelievable excitement. It reminded me of the time years ago when I thought about the fact that our pets were called 'pets' because they like to be pet. Such a simple act that brings such joy. Jenny is much like our children in that giving her just a touch of attention can lead to hours of asking for more. There are certainly days that I avoid eye contact with her pretending to say, "If I can't see you, you can't see me." But then there are the days when I pay her just the tiny amount of love and she reminds me why we love our pets, the petting and all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home