Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another great book...

With school out for the summer, I really have stocked up on library books. The library really is a fascinating place- tons of books for free- as many as you want... We love it! But enough of my dorkiness on display...

We found another great book whose message I really needed today. With our schedule changing, Caroline is off, off, off. We have been having major meltdowns over seemingly, silly things... As she was crying, screaming and generally carrying on, I tried, tried, tried to remember the message of the book we had finished reading moments before.

Woolbur by Leslie Helakoski. This is a story of a sheep who marches to his own drummer, who doesn't follow his flock. His behaviors are very frustrating to his parents- must be given that they are sheep and all... In the end, though, they realize that he is a good guy, a leader even among the herd.

This morning I find myself hoping that my own little Woolbur will find her way. And I find myself hoping that I will let her.

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 at 3:14 PM , Blogger ChefDruck said...

We had a great book moment today too. I read the first 3 chapters of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Bella & Jack. We all drooled over the candy descriptions...

I love the library, I need to go there more! I just always get so stressed about losing the books.

 
At June 20, 2008 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Ginny Gill said...

I LOVE the new look......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home