Friday, June 20, 2008

Camp

So we are five days into summer vacation and we have added an extra week of camp to our schedule. Both money (or lack their of...)and a sense of 'adventure', convinced me to schedule only 4 weeks of our summer. We will be vacationing for two of those weeks- one in June and one in August- so I decided I could handle the rest.

The general sense of anxiety that has been running rampant in this house since school ended on Friday has been crazy. Caroline and I (the tree from which the apple does not fall far from...) and I really love our schedule. We are both really off without it. I truly admire those people who are able to relax, go slow, stay in their pajamas for hours. I have admitted to myself though that we are not of that stock.

When we return from our first summer trip, Caroline will be going to the most wonderful sounding camp ever- instead of spending that week waiting for her time at camp to begin the following week. Someday we will find the balance between scheduling and not. This just might not be the summer for that discovery.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Ginny Gill said...

I am trying the same thing but I did not even schedule ONE camp. We will be going out of town one week in July and one week in August and that is it. I wish you luck and know that I am in the same boat......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home