Monday, June 22, 2009

Camp

Today marked the beginning of a new phase in my life. Both Katherine and Caroline were at camp for 5 hours. I have not had that much uninterrupted in 6 years- literally. I spent most of the time consumed with Mommy guilt.

I knew that Caroline would be fine as she's been at school full day for over a year now. But I did worry about Katherine. Her school day has only been two hours and she has never had lunch away from home.

She was smiling when I picked her up and she was quick to tell me all the things she had done- splashed in the pool, had a snack, read a story and played princesses. But the very first thing she said when I asked her about her day was that she had "gone potty a million times."

Perhaps tomorrow I can relax into my newly discovered free time knowing that Katherine is happily peeing at camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home