Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Three Year Old's Devotion

Yesterday I was reminded of just how much love can live inside a tiny three year old body. I was upstairs folding laundry when Katherine appeared at my doorway.

"Mommy," she said, "I missed you."

Now, we have been housebound lately- Katherine, Caroline and I sharing germs, coughs and fevers. In my mind, there really hadn't been an opportunity for missing in the past few days.

"Where have I been?" I asked.

Her reply reminded me why we love our children so much, "I missed you because you were upstairs and I was downstairs."

Of course...

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM , Blogger dlg said...

Your posts conjure up for me the daily joys I experienced when my son was young. Those priceless comments are far less frequent now that he's 26 and living on his own. Thanks for reminding me that they are the bricks from which my love for him has been built.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home