Monday, January 10, 2011

The Mouths of Babes...

Perhaps it's the weather. Snow, snow, snow with more predicted for this week. Perhaps it's the news of the weekend. Whatever the reason, I am feeling a bit melancholy today. As I sit down to write this post, I am so grateful for the notes I keep to remind me of the wise words of my children.

After an early dismissal school day on Friday, the girls built a snowwoman- a pregnant one this time, I guess she is a bit round in the middle- and took care of some shoveling. By the end of the day, I was snappy. I was bothered that my schedule had been disrupted and equally bothered that Caroline gets so bothered when her schedule is disrupted (yes, I see the irony...). She too was grumpy throughout the day. When Rob asked me what in the world was the matter, I said, "I just didn't get anything done today!"

To which Katherine replied, "Yes, you did. You took care of us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home